DAY 21 – LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED
The bane of many including believers in Christ is this tendency of forgetting easily the Lord’s great doings/deliverances in his life. The devil is taking advantage of man’s ignorance/forgetfulness to undo and deprive him the privileges of enjoying God’s abundant providence.
The Man of God (The Angel of the Church), at the last December Retreat has shown the Watchmen the need to always ponder anew what the Almighty God can do. He urged us to make it a daily routine and by so doing, every fear of unknown and non-sense in our hearts will fly away from our lives. No matter what we are seeing, hearing or experiencing at this time, let’s form the habit and develop the life style of pondering anew what God can do and has done in time past (Ps.44:1-4; Amos 5:8-9).
The Lord Jesus Christ our Master and Saviour is telling the Watchmen to be of good cheer and not allow their hearts to be troubled because He is in charge (Rev.1:17-18). Let all the Watchmen begin to ponder anew on daily basis, let them burst into worshipping and praising God because somebody is the Owner of this world, the Person is the Almighty God and our Father (Mal.3:6).
- Begin to thank and praise God for everything He has done and thought us during this fasting programme (Ps.103:1-6, 106:1-2).
- 46:1-3 – There is no cause for alarm, therefore let us begin to confess this scripture to ourselves telling all our enemies that our God is in charge therefore we will not fear.
- 118:17, 19-24 – Open your mouth and declare this scripture on the behalf of the Man of God, the Diocesan Pastor and the entire Watchman brethren. Tell God to honour this word in our lives because He is in charge.
- 118:25 – Let’s tell God to save the brethren and send prosperity to the Watchman brethren (i.e. human and material resources) to enable us fulfill the project.
- 109:26-31 – God’s uncommon blessing should come upon the Watchmen so that men, spirit and the enemy will see that it is only God that can do it.
- Jer.29:11 – Let’s appreciate God for His thoughts towards this nation, Nigeria.
- Let’s appreciate God for the great things ahead of us – ponder anew.