DAY 19 – I AM THAT I AM
Moses made excuses because he felt inadequate for the assignment God gave him. But God wasn’t asking Moses to work alone, He offered other resources to help (God Himself, Aaron and ability to do miracles). The Watchman Calling and Tasks by the Lord seem very difficult, but He didn’t ask us to do them alone, rather offers us His resources as He did to Moses.
The Egyptians had many gods with different names, therefore Moses wanted to know God’s name in order to tell his people exactly Who had sent him to them. God called Himself I AM, an appellation describing His eternal power and unchangeable character. In a world where values, morals and laws change constantly, we can find stability and security in our unchanging God.
The Lord reminded Moses to tell Israel that He was the same One who spoke to the Patriarchs and, that this name, “I AM THAT I AM”, will be His name forever. He changes not, He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Mal.3:6, Heb.13:8).
- 16:9 – The calling of God upon our lives as individuals and congregation call for appreciation because we aren’t better than others (Isa.49:5-6). Let’s worship this great God by singing songs – HSCF 1, 2, 3.
- 89:20-23 – According to this word, let’s pray for the Man of God that God who called him into the ministry will continue to be with him and fight his battles. Remember that his household needs divine protection, preservation, promotion and perfection.
- 1:5; 3:7 – Pray for the Diocesan Pastor that the promises of God will not fail in his life and ministry, so that he will have a fulfilled ministry like Joshua.
- Pray for other Ministers in the Watchman all over the diocese that He Who appointed/sent them will always be with them (Heb.13:5-6).
- 7:1-5 – The Lord who revealed Himself unto Pharaoh in the days of Moses should repeat same in our own time. Pray that God will make the Watchmen gods to all the Pharaohs of our time and also to the unbelievers who have been doubting His existence.
- 8:16-17 – Ask God to manifest His glory in our locations in a way that men will say “this is the finger of God”, and as a result come to worship in the Watchman fellowship centers.
- Acts 16: 28-32 – The Lord is interested and in support of the salvation of entire households, pray for the salvation of your family members.
- 80:17-19 – Ask God for a touch this year so as to increase your faith and awareness in the Lord.