HE THAT GIRDETH ON HIS HARNESS SHOULDN’T BOAST HIMSELF
Benhadad’s proud spirit sends Ahab a very insolent demand. He was not only to pay him tribute out of what he has, but hand over his title to Benhadad (1Kgs.20:2-3). Ahab’s poor spirit sends Benhadad a very disgraceful submission. if he had not sinned and provoked God to depart from him, Benhadad could not have made such a demand.
One cannot serve two masters at the same time, if God is not ruling over one then devil is. A rebel to God is a slave to Satan. If Ahab had not sinned by wronging his own conscience, God would not have set the enemy against him. Guilt dispirits men and makes them cowards (Prov.28:1). But the proverb given by King Ahab to the proud King in ‘1Kgs.20:11”, was the only thing that turned God’s face toward him and the entire Israelites because God’s glory cannot be shared with any other creature. Ahab sent a decent rebuke not to defy his menaces, but to remind him of the uncertain turns of war.
Today, there are so many in this country that are playing Benhadad because of power intoxication; they make derogatory statements, demanding whatever they desire whether right or wrong.. They feel that power belongs to them: the resources (human, natural, financial, material) are in their possession.
Sadly, the member of the Church of the living God have sold themselves through compromise and love of the world; as a consequence the enemy is oppressing them as it was in the time of the Judges. But as we remember that our God who is the Owner of the whole universe and in His hand is the breath of all creatures, we can tell the Benhadad’s “let not him that girdeth on his harness boast himself as he that putteth it off” (1Kgs.20:11; Prov.27:1).
- 108:1-5 – Exalt God above the heavens and let His glory be above all the earth because of His greatness and mercy towards us.
- 12:4 – There are those whose mouth and ego must be stopped in this land. Ask God to arise and deal with all the evil people that have made themselves Lords.
- 7:19 – God must visit the people that delighted in wickedness, so that they will have confusion of faces. Let them be totally confused so that they will not understand themselves in this land.
- 19:2-4 – Tell God that it is time to set Egyptians against Egyptians so that they will destroy themselves instead of the innocent/righteous ones.
- All the Kidnappers, Ritual Murders, Hired Assassins, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen that delight in blood and evil in this land , God should send His instrument of terror and visit them with all those their sponsors.
- 2:22 – There are kingdoms in this world and Nigeria in particular where evils are being hatched and executed. Let God visit such places and those in-charge.
- All those in authority who refuse to do the right thing, rather they go about promoting wickedness/corruption, let God overthrow them.
- 50:33-34 – God who knows all the oppressions of the wicked against the righteous has promised to intervene on their behalf.
- Tell God to plead the cause of this nation and the Church of God in particular.
- Pray for grace upon every member of the Watchman, especially our G.S and his lieutenants.