DAY 7 – LORD! WHAT WILL YOU HAVE ME TO DO?
Though the onus of believers’ preservation and protection is on God, however the believer has a role to play in his security and preservation. Man was created as a free moral agent; so he has the right to make his decisions and choices. The person’s choice determines the route he will pass through, and his ultimate destination.
At this time every Watchman must buy the truth, wisdom, instruction and understanding if he must survive the event of these last days (Prov.23:23, Jn.8:31-32). The Lord always makes information (truth) available to His people so that they may use it to their own advantage, but those who neglect such truths suffer the consequences (Hos.4:6). Others who are deceived by Satan and his cohorts (false ministers and demonic activities/operations) suffer likewise.
At such a time like this, God’s word (Zech.8:16—17) informs us that we:
- Should speak truth to one another.
- Avoiding evil speaking and backbiting.
- Following after righteousness and things that make for peace.
- Avoiding offence making and offence taking.
- Wisely stay away from open or clear danger while trusting God for protection.
- Must avoid being careless, foolish things, and be security conscious everywhere.
- Be careful with those we associate with and what we engage in.
- Praying without ceasing in order to know the mind of God for our lives/programmes.
- HSCF 3, 4 – Praise and worship God, for He is worthy.
- 4:5 – We have been commanded at this time to walk in wisdom (which is the principal thing), knowledge and understanding, redeeming the time. Pray for God’s wisdom, knowledge and understanding upon your life (Jam.1:5; Prov.4:7).
- Micah 6:6-8; Zech.8:16-17 – In this New Watchman, the Lord expects all to be humble and avoid anything that will cause offence to others. Therefore let’s take resolution not to be a bad egg in this new era by:
- Resolving to be humble and obedient to the authority.
- Ask God to take your will so that His will be done always in your life.
- Pray and tell God that you will never be an instrument of offence to others beginning from your house (Avoiding evil imaginations, false witness and evil speaking, murmuring, stubbornness, backbiting/gossip etc)
- Pray for the Man of God that God’s grace will continue to increase in his life so that the fountain from where we receive fresh word of God (The truth) will not dry (1Cor.15:10, Ps.71:21).
- Let God’s hand and wisdom rest on the Diocesan Pastor, so that the diocese will progress and prosper spiritually (Isa.41:14-16).
- Pray for the progress of your parish: the pastor and members.
- Pray for God’s will to be done in this country as per the elections as He is the Governor among the nations.
- Personal matters